SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
The position is a Design Management Support
engineer that supports both the Design Manager/Design
Management team as well as the Construction Manager and
Construction Management team on core communications infrastructure
project such as COE and other related work.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor degree.
2. Minimum of ten years of both fiber-optic and low voltage
experience – implementation, management, and/or
design experience with certifications in same said areas.
3. The candidate would need first-hand experience with
SONET, DWDM, and COE technologies – from both an
engineering perspective and a project management perspective.
4. The individual would also have a minimum of at least
five years working within a rail and live train environment
preferably with or within the NYC Transit System as it
relates to access, protection and fiber-optic cable construction.
5. Additional requirements of previous experience in writing
detail scopes of work– for contract changes and
additions, technical specification review and amendments,
creating competitive estimates for change orders and or
negotiating with contractors and/or contractor engineers.
6. Personal skills of multi-tasking and working across
departments with various levels of mid-level to senior
management people in translating complex specifications
to easily understandable terms and analogies for larger
audiences is key.
7. This position also maintains stake holder relationships
and coordinated joint/inter-departmental meetings. A need
for continuous critical path analysis for expediting various
elements within the project are essential to this position.
8. Prior experience managing resources of NYCT labor –
directing electrical personnel – contractors and
engineering integrators is a plus.
9. Prior experience with Security aggregation systems
– such as GIS (geographic information systems) –
middleware, relational databases and similar enterprise
integration projects is a plus.
10. These projects are of a multi-year duration and frequent
over-time and occasional weekend work is a requirement.
A.G. Consulting provides a full benefits package which
includes health care, dental insurance, 401k retirement
plan, vacation and holidays. Further details of our benefits
package will be made available to prospective employees.